JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A kerosene heater is being blamed for a fire that sent three people to the hospital Wednesday morning in Johnson City.
The fire call came in just after 5:30 a.m. to a home on Edgewood Drive.
The fire department tells News 5 when units arrived at the house they saw smoke coming from the roof and the inside was filled with also smoke.
Firefighters say the fire was located in the hallway near a bedroom.
News 5 learned three residents were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation and one was also being treated for burns.
The fire department says the extent of the residents' injuries is not known.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone