Johnson City Honda collected a total of $11,150 to be given to charities that were chosen by the customers.
Anyone buying a car was asked to pick which charity to give $50.
Representatives of two of the agencies receiving money tell us unexpected donations like these are very important to the people they serve.
Today, checks were handed to CASA of Northeast Tennessee, the Boys and Girls Club, the Haven of Mercy, Small Miracles Therapeutic Equestrian Center and the Second Harvest Food Bank.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash