Johnson City Honda collected a total of $11,150 to be given to charities that were chosen by the customers.
Anyone buying a car was asked to pick which charity to give $50.
Representatives of two of the agencies receiving money tell us unexpected donations like these are very important to the people they serve.
Today, checks were handed to CASA of Northeast Tennessee, the Boys and Girls Club, the Haven of Mercy, Small Miracles Therapeutic Equestrian Center and the Second Harvest Food Bank.
- New Virginia offenders raising tilapia in pilot program
- Police: Son kills father, self in front of wife, mother
- Slain Virginia officer was a father of 3, former Marine
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power