JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City doctor, accused of taking police on a high-speed chase over the weekend, now faces new charges.
The Washington County Sheriff's Office says Dr. Robert Allen now faces charges of destruction, damage or vandalism of property.
News 5 obtained a police report which says Allen is accused of damaging his cell by removing a screw from a towel hanger and flushing it down the toilet.
Allen was originally arrested on Sunday morning after Johnson City Police say he refused to stop for an officer.
Those charges include drug possession, felony evading and prohibited weapons violation.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue