JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City doctor, accused of taking police on a high-speed chase over the weekend, now faces new charges.
The Washington County Sheriff's Office says Dr. Robert Allen now faces charges of destruction, damage or vandalism of property.
News 5 obtained a police report which says Allen is accused of damaging his cell by removing a screw from a towel hanger and flushing it down the toilet.
Allen was originally arrested on Sunday morning after Johnson City Police say he refused to stop for an officer.
Those charges include drug possession, felony evading and prohibited weapons violation.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend