JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City doctor, accused of taking police on a high-speed chase over the weekend, now faces new charges.
The Washington County Sheriff's Office says Dr. Robert Allen now faces charges of destruction, damage or vandalism of property.
News 5 obtained a police report which says Allen is accused of damaging his cell by removing a screw from a towel hanger and flushing it down the toilet.
Allen was originally arrested on Sunday morning after Johnson City Police say he refused to stop for an officer.
Those charges include drug possession, felony evading and prohibited weapons violation.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway