JOHNSON CITY, TENN. - Johnson City police are investigating a death on North Boone Street.
Officers found 55-year-old Karen Gillenwater dead in the house.
Family members claim Gillenwater had not been seen outside her home recently and officers went inside to check on her.
Police say the criminal investigation unit responded to the scene as they do with all unattended deaths.
- Updated Southwest Virginia man dies after being hit by car
- Hawkins EMS remains only service during feasibility study
- College students voice opinions on presidential debate
- Bristol, Tenn. household divided over presidential election
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire