JOHNSON CITY, TENN. - Johnson City police are investigating a death on North Boone Street.
Officers found 55-year-old Karen Gillenwater dead in the house.
Family members claim Gillenwater had not been seen outside her home recently and officers went inside to check on her.
Police say the criminal investigation unit responded to the scene as they do with all unattended deaths.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities