JOHNSON CITY, TENN. - Johnson City police are investigating a death on North Boone Street.
Officers found 55-year-old Karen Gillenwater dead in the house.
Family members claim Gillenwater had not been seen outside her home recently and officers went inside to check on her.
Police say the criminal investigation unit responded to the scene as they do with all unattended deaths.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport