JOHNSON CITY, TENN. - Johnson City police are investigating a death on North Boone Street.
Officers found 55-year-old Karen Gillenwater dead in the house.
Family members claim Gillenwater had not been seen outside her home recently and officers went inside to check on her.
Police say the criminal investigation unit responded to the scene as they do with all unattended deaths.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend