JOHNSON CITY, TENN. - Johnson City police are investigating a death on North Boone Street.
Officers found 55-year-old Karen Gillenwater dead in the house.
Family members claim Gillenwater had not been seen outside her home recently and officers went inside to check on her.
Police say the criminal investigation unit responded to the scene as they do with all unattended deaths.
- Updated US internet disrupted as key firm gets hit by cyberattack
- Updated Pulse Nightclub gates open for unveiling of new memorial
- Early Friday fire in Abingdon sends man to hospital
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue
- Is the election stressing you out? You're not alone.