JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A crash in Johnson City sends a woman to the hospital.
According to Johnson City Police, the crash happened on Cherokee Road around 11:30 Saturday night.
We're told a 22-year-old driver ran off the road, the car went airborne, then landed in a ditch hitting an embankment.
Police tell us the driver was not wearing a seat belt and was thrown from the car.
Investigators say alcohol may be a factor in the crash.
The driver is in critical condition at a local hospital.
- New Sullivan Co. teen gets probation in sexting case
- New KPS Global completes $1M expansion in Piney Flats facility
- Exide Technologies withdraws application to reopen, News 5 uncovers dozens of violations in its past
- Southwest Virginia leaders focus on re-entry efforts for inmates
- Wise man who stole ginseng roots given probation