JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A crash in Johnson City sends a woman to the hospital.
According to Johnson City Police, the crash happened on Cherokee Road around 11:30 Saturday night.
We're told a 22-year-old driver ran off the road, the car went airborne, then landed in a ditch hitting an embankment.
Police tell us the driver was not wearing a seat belt and was thrown from the car.
Investigators say alcohol may be a factor in the crash.
The driver is in critical condition at a local hospital.
- New Caterpillar confirms plans to cut 80 jobs in Winston-Salem
- Updated Virginia outperforms most states on national science tests
- Updated Warm and dry weather this week causes higher fire danger
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway