JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City parents are charged with abuse after police say Child Protective Services received a tip.
Thirty-five-year-old Jeremiah Johnson and 26-year-old Elizabeth Johnson were arrested Wednesday.
Police tell us Child Protective Services received a tip about a child that had a burn on the arm and hand, but was not getting treatment.
According to police an investigation revealed the Johnsons failed to seek treatment for their two-year-old child.
Police say the child was on a trial home placement because of a previous investigation of neglect.
The child is now in the custody of the state.
The parents are charged with felony child abuse and neglect, and they're scheduled to be in court Thursday.
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program