JOHNSON CITY, TENN. - A Johnson City woman is facing child abuse charges after police say she hit her 8-year-old son with a plastic coat hanger.
Ateela McClain was booked into the Washington County, Tennessee detention center.
Police say the 8 year old boy had bruises on his arms, legs and back. The boy told police that his mother hit him with a plastic coat hanger.
Police say McClain admitted hitting the child as a means of discipline.
McClain is charged with one count of child abuse and neglect.
- New Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Updated Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Updated Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone