JOHNSON CITY, TENN. - A Johnson City woman is facing child abuse charges after police say she hit her 8-year-old son with a plastic coat hanger.
Ateela McClain was booked into the Washington County, Tennessee detention center.
Police say the 8 year old boy had bruises on his arms, legs and back. The boy told police that his mother hit him with a plastic coat hanger.
Police say McClain admitted hitting the child as a means of discipline.
McClain is charged with one count of child abuse and neglect.
- Updated Ex-coal CEO asks high court to his overturn his conviction
- New Ariana Grande returning to Manchester for benefit show
- New 44 hits found in DNA testing of Virginia's backlogged rape evidence
- KISS concert in Manchester canceled after terrorist attacks
- Tennessee governor signs NRA-backed metal detector gun bill