The Johnson City Sports Foundation has applied to get beer back in their ball park.
The request for this beer permit will be on the City Commissions June 19 agenda.
If it does get approved, they'll sell a few Anheuser-Busch products at a 'beer booth only' stand in the stadium. Beer will not be sold on Wednesdays or Sundays.
Before making the decision, Cardinals General Manager Tyler Parsons tells us they received input from people in the community first. Parsons says the permit should help boost their attendance numbers among other things. "Our big thing we want to do is broaden our demographic and give people the option to have beer. We've had beer here in the past and the large majority of teams in our league are going in this direction as well. If we get beer, we'd be the 7th team out of 10 teams in the Appalachian League to have beer," adds Parsons.
If approved, beer sales will begin on June 23. Once they see how this progresses, there's a chance they'll also allow wine.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction