JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Right now the Johnson City budget does not include any tax increases, but the mayor says that could change.
Commissioners are set to hold their first budget reading Thursday night. The Johnson City School Board is asking for a $3.4 million increase.
Meanwhile, the commissioners will weigh in on a beer license request from the Johnson City Sports Foundation. We're told they are wanting to bring beer sales to Cardinal Park where the city's minor league baseball team plays.
Also on the agenda: an ordinance to move city elections from April to November to save the city money.
We'll bring you more facts as we receive them.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project