JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Right now the Johnson City budget does not include any tax increases, but the mayor says that could change.
Commissioners are set to hold their first budget reading Thursday night. The Johnson City School Board is asking for a $3.4 million increase.
Meanwhile, the commissioners will weigh in on a beer license request from the Johnson City Sports Foundation. We're told they are wanting to bring beer sales to Cardinal Park where the city's minor league baseball team plays.
Also on the agenda: an ordinance to move city elections from April to November to save the city money.
We'll bring you more facts as we receive them.
- Updated Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson