JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Right now the Johnson City budget does not include any tax increases, but the mayor says that could change.
Commissioners are set to hold their first budget reading Thursday night. The Johnson City School Board is asking for a $3.4 million increase.
Meanwhile, the commissioners will weigh in on a beer license request from the Johnson City Sports Foundation. We're told they are wanting to bring beer sales to Cardinal Park where the city's minor league baseball team plays.
Also on the agenda: an ordinance to move city elections from April to November to save the city money.
We'll bring you more facts as we receive them.
- Updated Ex-coal CEO asks high court to his overturn his conviction
- New Ariana Grande returning to Manchester for benefit show
- New 44 hits found in DNA testing of Virginia's backlogged rape evidence
- KISS concert in Manchester canceled after terrorist attacks
- Tennessee governor signs NRA-backed metal detector gun bill