JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Medical Center is unveiling a helpful disinfecting tool Tuesday morning.
We've learned a live demonstration of a germ-zapping robot will take center stage in the hospital at 10:00 Tuesday morning in the lobby.
Hospital officials tell us the device emits ultraviolet light throughout patient rooms to destroy viruses, bacteria and bacterial spores.
News 5 WCYB will have more on how the robot works and show it in action later on News 5 WCYB.
- New Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Authorities searching for missing Russell County woman
- Major decision expected Monday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims