JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man has been arrested in North Carolina after police say he was transporting what they believe to be liquid meth near the Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
Police say 29-year-old Michael Edwards was pulled over for a seat belt violation.
That's when police say they found a jar in his car that they believe to be liquid meth.
The jar was sent off to the state bureau of investigation to be tested.
We're told Edwards was wanted in Tennessee for charges of manufacturing meth.
Edwards faces charges of not wearing a seat belt, driving with a revoked license, possession of drug paraphernalia, having a fictitious registration and driving without insurance.
- New Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital