JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The Johnson City Fire Department recently decided to no longer have fire trucks driving in parade routes.
We've learned it's safety precaution because parades were becoming dangerous having children near their trucks.
The change is also an effort to maintain response time to emergency calls.
- Updated Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson