JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The Johnson City Fire Department recently decided to no longer have fire trucks driving in parade routes.
We've learned it's safety precaution because parades were becoming dangerous having children near their trucks.
The change is also an effort to maintain response time to emergency calls.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project