JOHNSON CITY, Ten - An iconic piece of the Johnson City landscape will once again become a fountain.
Johnson City Parks and Recreation crews are in the process of placing a replica of the Johnson City's famous Lady of the Fountain statue in a redesigned Fountain Square Park.
The fountain was part of Johnson City dating back to the horse and buggy days, but was removed several years ago due to road construction.
The plan was to place a statue copy of the original fountain in the park, but now the Washington County Economic Development Council is working to raise money to make the the new statue a working fountain.
The goal is to raise $7,500 to construct the fountain. The Economic Development Council is now selling bricks and plaques to raise the cash.
Bricks for the fountain construction are being sold for $60; plaques are $500.
Anyone wishing to purchase a brick or plaque can call 423-202-3510 or email email@example.com
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day