Johnson City, TN - The new Tupelo Honey restaurant has commissioned artwork for the entrance to Founders Park and that artwork includes a new human sundial. The idea was to blend the entrance concept in with the soon to be constructed farmers market. Artist Tom Schulz designed the sundial. Public Works Director Phil Pindzola tells us it's part of the pollination of ideas in that part of the downtown area.
"It gives you the time of day in relationship of the human spirit with the world that we live in," Pindzola said. "It's also the concept of when you harvest plants and so there will be a whole educational component to the sundial."
Dedication and ribbon cutting for the Founders Park project will be held this Saturday July 12 at four p.m.
- Updated Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Updated Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood
- Johnson City BOE discusses Washington County tax money plan
- Congress moves to expedite veteran disability benefit appeals