Johnson City, TN - The new Tupelo Honey restaurant has commissioned artwork for the entrance to Founders Park and that artwork includes a new human sundial. The idea was to blend the entrance concept in with the soon to be constructed farmers market. Artist Tom Schulz designed the sundial. Public Works Director Phil Pindzola tells us it's part of the pollination of ideas in that part of the downtown area.
"It gives you the time of day in relationship of the human spirit with the world that we live in," Pindzola said. "It's also the concept of when you harvest plants and so there will be a whole educational component to the sundial."
Dedication and ribbon cutting for the Founders Park project will be held this Saturday July 12 at four p.m.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day