JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - As holiday shoppers head to the stores they have to make sure more people are behind the counter.
Most retailers hire extra seasonal workers during the holiday shopping season.
It is estimated that seasonal job numbers won't see a significant decline from last year's big numbers.
According to CNBC, across the nation retailers like Target, Kohl's, and J.C. Penney plan to hire fewer seasonal employees, while Toys-R-Us, Macy's and Wal-Mart plan to ramp up their staff even more from last year.
Marsha Hammond the marketing director at The Mall at Johnson City tells News 5 if you're looking for a seasonal job may still have chance. "Most stores start staffing up in October to start training, there is some turnover during the holidays. They are kind of always looking for people to help even if they are stocking and unstocking. It's a very busy time for retail. We've got a short season this year," said Hammond.
Here is a link to seasonal job postings at The Mall at Johnson City.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon