JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man faces several charges, accused of speeding through neighborhoods while police tried to stop him.
Johnson City Police arrested Robert Rose. They say they tried to stop Rose for a tag violation near the intersection of South Roan and West Pine Streets.
Police say, Rose did not stop and sped through the Tree Streets area of the city.
News 5 is told, officers stopped chasing him for a while, because it was too dangerous to continue. Police say they relocated Rose a short time later. We're told, his vehicle ran out of gas and after officers ran after him, he was arrested.
Rose is now charged with felony evading, driving while restriction in effect, reckless endangerment, leaving the scene of an accident, driving under the influence and violation of implied consent law.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin