JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man faces several charges, accused of speeding through neighborhoods while police tried to stop him.
Johnson City Police arrested Robert Rose. They say they tried to stop Rose for a tag violation near the intersection of South Roan and West Pine Streets.
Police say, Rose did not stop and sped through the Tree Streets area of the city.
News 5 is told, officers stopped chasing him for a while, because it was too dangerous to continue. Police say they relocated Rose a short time later. We're told, his vehicle ran out of gas and after officers ran after him, he was arrested.
Rose is now charged with felony evading, driving while restriction in effect, reckless endangerment, leaving the scene of an accident, driving under the influence and violation of implied consent law.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment