JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - More than $2-million is headed to ETSU to continue heart research at the university.
Scientists with the school's Quillen College of Medicine recently received two grants totaling $2.6 million.
The money will be used to continue research on heart failure in critically ill patients.
We're told, the grant will help researchers begin to develop and test drugs used to treat such patients.
The grant runs through 2018.
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome