JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - More than $2-million is headed to ETSU to continue heart research at the university.
Scientists with the school's Quillen College of Medicine recently received two grants totaling $2.6 million.
The money will be used to continue research on heart failure in critically ill patients.
We're told, the grant will help researchers begin to develop and test drugs used to treat such patients.
The grant runs through 2018.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death