JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - More than $2-million is headed to ETSU to continue heart research at the university.
Scientists with the school's Quillen College of Medicine recently received two grants totaling $2.6 million.
The money will be used to continue research on heart failure in critically ill patients.
We're told, the grant will help researchers begin to develop and test drugs used to treat such patients.
The grant runs through 2018.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all