JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - More than $2-million is headed to ETSU to continue heart research at the university.
Scientists with the school's Quillen College of Medicine recently received two grants totaling $2.6 million.
The money will be used to continue research on heart failure in critically ill patients.
We're told, the grant will help researchers begin to develop and test drugs used to treat such patients.
The grant runs through 2018.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend