JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The recent changes in health care can be difficult to understand so East Tennessee State University is trying to help.
Beginning February 3rd, ETSU will be hosting events to help people interested in signing up for insurance through the health insurance marketplace or learning more about the Affordable Care Act.
You can participate in a question and answer session or meet with a counselor for advice on what's best for you and your family.
Tuesday, Feb. 4, from 5-7 p.m. in meeting room 2 on the third floor of the D.P. Culp University Center.
Free appointments with a certified application counselor for persons wanting to sign up for insurance through the marketplace or to discuss eligibility will be available from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. on Feb. 5-7 in meeting room 2.
Upon arriving for the scheduled appointment, individuals should bring information pertaining to household income and current health insurance information, as well as Social Security information for everyone who needs coverage and immigration documents, if applicable.
Persons who sign up for coverage by Feb. 15 could have health insurance as early as March 1.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction