JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The recent changes in health care can be difficult to understand so East Tennessee State University is trying to help.
Beginning February 3rd, ETSU will be hosting events to help people interested in signing up for insurance through the health insurance marketplace or learning more about the Affordable Care Act.
You can participate in a question and answer session or meet with a counselor for advice on what's best for you and your family.
Tuesday, Feb. 4, from 5-7 p.m. in meeting room 2 on the third floor of the D.P. Culp University Center.
Free appointments with a certified application counselor for persons wanting to sign up for insurance through the marketplace or to discuss eligibility will be available from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. on Feb. 5-7 in meeting room 2.
Upon arriving for the scheduled appointment, individuals should bring information pertaining to household income and current health insurance information, as well as Social Security information for everyone who needs coverage and immigration documents, if applicable.
Persons who sign up for coverage by Feb. 15 could have health insurance as early as March 1.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial