JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The recent changes in health care can be difficult to understand so East Tennessee State University is trying to help.
Beginning February 3rd, ETSU will be hosting events to help people interested in signing up for insurance through the health insurance marketplace or learning more about the Affordable Care Act.
You can participate in a question and answer session or meet with a counselor for advice on what's best for you and your family.
Tuesday, Feb. 4, from 5-7 p.m. in meeting room 2 on the third floor of the D.P. Culp University Center.
Free appointments with a certified application counselor for persons wanting to sign up for insurance through the marketplace or to discuss eligibility will be available from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. on Feb. 5-7 in meeting room 2.
Upon arriving for the scheduled appointment, individuals should bring information pertaining to household income and current health insurance information, as well as Social Security information for everyone who needs coverage and immigration documents, if applicable.
Persons who sign up for coverage by Feb. 15 could have health insurance as early as March 1.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets