JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Tennessee's Governor was in Johnson City Tuesday afternoon to talk about education.
Governor Bill Haslam made a lunchtime stop at Indian Trail Intermediate School, where he met with teachers and principals about the school's work toward meeting Common Core goals.
The Common Core is an intense curriculum focusing on math and English. It is designed to help students better prepare for college and the workforce.
Haslam also toured the school.
News 5 WCYB's Angela Yingling is following Governor Haslam Tuesday. Watch for updates online and on News 5 WCYB at 5.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend