JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Tennessee's Governor was in Johnson City Tuesday afternoon to talk about education.
Governor Bill Haslam made a lunchtime stop at Indian Trail Intermediate School, where he met with teachers and principals about the school's work toward meeting Common Core goals.
The Common Core is an intense curriculum focusing on math and English. It is designed to help students better prepare for college and the workforce.
Haslam also toured the school.
News 5 WCYB's Angela Yingling is following Governor Haslam Tuesday. Watch for updates online and on News 5 WCYB at 5.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment