JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Tennessee's Governor was in Johnson City Tuesday afternoon to talk about education.
Governor Bill Haslam made a lunchtime stop at Indian Trail Intermediate School, where he met with teachers and principals about the school's work toward meeting Common Core goals.
The Common Core is an intense curriculum focusing on math and English. It is designed to help students better prepare for college and the workforce.
Haslam also toured the school.
News 5 WCYB's Angela Yingling is following Governor Haslam Tuesday. Watch for updates online and on News 5 WCYB at 5.
- New ETSU student reports she was sexually assaulted on campus
- Updated Food City and United Way begin annual program to help feed children
- Updated Jail inmates escape in Hawkins County
- Deer feeding prohibited in Virginia starting September 1
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway