JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Some tense moments this afternoon in a Johnson City neighborhood after someone hit a gas line while digging a hole for a mailbox.
It happened on the 36 hundred block of Honeywood Drive and affected one house.
The Johnson City Fire Department says the leak was caused when two people using an auger to dig a hole ruptured the 4 inch service line.
The fire department was on scene as a precaution, and the gas company did fix the leak.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University