JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Some tense moments this afternoon in a Johnson City neighborhood after someone hit a gas line while digging a hole for a mailbox.
It happened on the 36 hundred block of Honeywood Drive and affected one house.
The Johnson City Fire Department says the leak was caused when two people using an auger to dig a hole ruptured the 4 inch service line.
The fire department was on scene as a precaution, and the gas company did fix the leak.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment