JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Some tense moments this afternoon in a Johnson City neighborhood after someone hit a gas line while digging a hole for a mailbox.
It happened on the 36 hundred block of Honeywood Drive and affected one house.
The Johnson City Fire Department says the leak was caused when two people using an auger to dig a hole ruptured the 4 inch service line.
The fire department was on scene as a precaution, and the gas company did fix the leak.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend