JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Some tense moments this afternoon in a Johnson City neighborhood after someone hit a gas line while digging a hole for a mailbox.
It happened on the 36 hundred block of Honeywood Drive and affected one house.
The Johnson City Fire Department says the leak was caused when two people using an auger to dig a hole ruptured the 4 inch service line.
The fire department was on scene as a precaution, and the gas company did fix the leak.
- Updated Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Updated Tenn. House Clerk accused of rude conduct
- Updated Binge-drinking UMass student nearly dies in Pennsylvania
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation