JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Some tense moments this afternoon in a Johnson City neighborhood after someone hit a gas line while digging a hole for a mailbox.
It happened on the 36 hundred block of Honeywood Drive and affected one house.
The Johnson City Fire Department says the leak was caused when two people using an auger to dig a hole ruptured the 4 inch service line.
The fire department was on scene as a precaution, and the gas company did fix the leak.
- Updated Update on Proposed Methadone Clinic for Gray
- Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic