JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man wanted for robbery in Oklahoma was arrested Saturday in Johnson City.
The Johnson City Police Department said they arrested 22-year-old Christoper Allen Benton after they discovered he was wanted in the Sooner state.
Police said they found Benton near W. Watauga and Wilson Avenue, and realized he had multiple warrants after running a records check.
JCPD said Benton is wanted for robbery, embezzlement and contributing to the delinquency of a minor in Oklahoma. Benton is being held at the Washington County Detention Center. He's expected in Washington County General Sessions Court for a bond hearing Monday.
- Updated VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program