Free swim lessons are being offered to City kindergarteners.
As a public service, Parks and Recreation is providing free water safety lessons to all kindergarten students in the Johnson City School System. Each student will receive one 30-minute lesson at the Memorial Park Community Center pool, 510 Bert St.
Allotted dates for the lessons were coordinated through the schools. If you have questions about your child's lesson, please call Aquatics Supervisor Sam Miller at 434-5755.
Remaining dates/schools are:
• Fairmont Elementary – April 9 and 11
• North Side Elementary – April 16
• Lake Ridge Elementary – April 23 and 25
• Mountain View Elementary – April 30 and May 2
• South Side Elementary – May 7 and 9
• Woodland Elementary – May 14 and 16
• Cherokee Elementary – May 21 and 23
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record