Free swim lessons are being offered to City kindergarteners.
As a public service, Parks and Recreation is providing free water safety lessons to all kindergarten students in the Johnson City School System. Each student will receive one 30-minute lesson at the Memorial Park Community Center pool, 510 Bert St.
Allotted dates for the lessons were coordinated through the schools. If you have questions about your child's lesson, please call Aquatics Supervisor Sam Miller at 434-5755.
Remaining dates/schools are:
• Fairmont Elementary – April 9 and 11
• North Side Elementary – April 16
• Lake Ridge Elementary – April 23 and 25
• Mountain View Elementary – April 30 and May 2
• South Side Elementary – May 7 and 9
• Woodland Elementary – May 14 and 16
• Cherokee Elementary – May 21 and 23
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson