JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - As a public service, Parks and Recreation is providing free water safety lessons to all kindergarten students in the Johnson City School System.
Each student will receive one 30-minute lesson at the Memorial Park Community Center pool, which is located at 510 Bert Street.
Allotted dates for the lessons were coordinated through the schools.
If you have questions about your child's lesson, please call Aquatics Supervisor Sam Miller at (423) 434-5755.
Remaining dates/schools are:
• Fairmont Elementary – April 9 and 11
• North Side Elementary – April 16
• Lake Ridge Elementary – April 23 and 25
• Mountain View Elementary – April 30 and May 2
• South Side Elementary – May 7 and 9
• Woodland Elementary – May 14 and 16
• Cherokee Elementary – May 21 and 23
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City