JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - In celebration of primary care week, the American Medical Student Association chapter at ETSU's Quillen College of Medicine will offer free health screenings Wednesday.
Medical students will staff a booth at the Johnson City Farmer's Market. from 10 o'clock Wednesday morning until two o'clock in the afternoon.
Visitors will be offered free testing to determine blood pressure, blood glucose and cholesterol.
News 5 has learned, it's all part of an initiative to curb public obesity and promote better nutrition.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin