JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - In celebration of primary care week, the American Medical Student Association chapter at ETSU's Quillen College of Medicine will offer free health screenings Wednesday.
Medical students will staff a booth at the Johnson City Farmer's Market. from 10 o'clock Wednesday morning until two o'clock in the afternoon.
Visitors will be offered free testing to determine blood pressure, blood glucose and cholesterol.
News 5 has learned, it's all part of an initiative to curb public obesity and promote better nutrition.
- Updated Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Updated Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs
- Updated Hundreds supported breast cancer at Tri-Cities Race for the Cure
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy