JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - As the temperatures keep getting warmer, many of us will be heading out on our area lakes.
An organization in Johnson City wants to remind you to give your boat or personal water craft a safety check. The Johnson City Sail and Power Squadron will be conducting these safety checks tomorrow.
The checks are not mandatory, but vessel examiner John Whitehead says it is a good idea to make sure you have more than sunscreen and refreshments before hitting the water. "A personal flotation device, or life jacket, as most people know it, and also it's important to have a throwable cushion. Fire extinguishers are required and needed."
The Johnson City Sail and Power Squadron will conduct the free safety checks at the Winged Deer Park boat ramp tomorrow from 10 a.m. until 2 in the afternoon. You will need to bring your boat registration with you.
- Updated Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death