JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City firefighters are looking into two fires that happened Sunday.
According to the fire department, crews responded to an apartment fire at 534 Crest Court a little before 2:30 Sunday afternoon. Fire crews say the apartment was about 50 percent involved and had also extended to an attic, which is shared by three more apartments.
Crews tell us four residents are without a home and are being assisted by the Red Cross. No one was injured.
The second fire happened less than an hour later at a house on Elmwood Street. Firefighters say the wall around the house's chimney caught fire and spread into the attic space.
They say no one was injured in that fire either.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting