JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City firefighters are looking into two fires that happened Sunday.
According to the fire department, crews responded to an apartment fire at 534 Crest Court a little before 2:30 Sunday afternoon. Fire crews say the apartment was about 50 percent involved and had also extended to an attic, which is shared by three more apartments.
Crews tell us four residents are without a home and are being assisted by the Red Cross. No one was injured.
The second fire happened less than an hour later at a house on Elmwood Street. Firefighters say the wall around the house's chimney caught fire and spread into the attic space.
They say no one was injured in that fire either.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane