GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A U.S. District judge gave Johnson City the go-ahead to annex parts of Gray, Tennessee.
Residents were mad about possible annexations along Bobby Hicks Highway and Airport Road in Gray.
They argued the annexation plan was unconstitutionally vague and claimed it did not serve the health, safety and welfare of property owners.
A federal judge in Greeneville said it was within the city's urban growth boundaries and Johnson City could move forward.
- Updated Highway 421 to reopen Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Updated Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Report: Presidential Debate captures 80.9 million viewers
- Bluff City tagged with $25,000 fine from state for sewer violation
- Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court