GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A U.S. District judge gave Johnson City the go-ahead to annex parts of Gray, Tennessee.
Residents were mad about possible annexations along Bobby Hicks Highway and Airport Road in Gray.
They argued the annexation plan was unconstitutionally vague and claimed it did not serve the health, safety and welfare of property owners.
A federal judge in Greeneville said it was within the city's urban growth boundaries and Johnson City could move forward.
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood