GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A U.S. District judge gave Johnson City the go-ahead to annex parts of Gray, Tennessee.
Residents were mad about possible annexations along Bobby Hicks Highway and Airport Road in Gray.
They argued the annexation plan was unconstitutionally vague and claimed it did not serve the health, safety and welfare of property owners.
A federal judge in Greeneville said it was within the city's urban growth boundaries and Johnson City could move forward.
- Updated BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Updated Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview