JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A man accused in a fatal shooting in Johnson City made an appearance in court.
Marcus Gergish was arraigned in a Washington County, Tennessee courtroom Thursday.
Gergish is charged with the first degree murder of Timothy Peregoy, Sr.
We pulled the affidavit that states officers said Peregoy died from two gunshot wounds.
According to the affidavit, witnesses told officers Gergish left an apartment after buying suboxone strips from Peregoy's wife, and then a fight took place outside.
The affidavit states witnesses said they saw Gergish with a handgun pointed at Peregoy telling him to "give it up, give it up", and then they heard two gunshots.
Gergish was appointed a public defender and is scheduled to be back in court next week.
His bond is set at $100,000.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator