JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - East Tennessee State University will be unveiling a new historical marker and memorial fountain that honors five students who desegregated the college.
The official dedication of the marker will be held Monday at noon in front of Sherrod Library.
The marker lists the names of Elizabeth Watkins Crawford, George L. Nichols, Mary Luellen Owens Wagner, Eugene Caruthers and Clarence McKinney who were the first black students at East Tennessee State College, which is now ETSU.
- Updated Kingsport Police searching for murder suspect
- Part of I-81 closed after accident
- Deputies searching for an inmate who walked off a job detail in Carter County
- Dozens run to remember avid runner in Tri-Cities community
- Sullivan County expected to vote on Island Road rezoning controversy on Tuesday