JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - East Tennessee State University will be unveiling a new historical marker and memorial fountain that honors five students who desegregated the college.
The official dedication of the marker will be held Monday at noon in front of Sherrod Library.
The marker lists the names of Elizabeth Watkins Crawford, George L. Nichols, Mary Luellen Owens Wagner, Eugene Caruthers and Clarence McKinney who were the first black students at East Tennessee State College, which is now ETSU.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death