JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - East Tennessee State University will test its emergency notification systems on Thursday.
The test will include an outdoor siren system with five large speakers placed on the ETSU and VA Medical Center campuses, an ETSU alert link on the ETSU.edu home page, a public address unit in selected campus buildings, and Goldalert, the university's emergency text and email system.
ETSU's outdoor siren will sound at 9:35 a.m. Thursday, beginning with a wail followed by a test message. A text and email from Goldalert will deliver a similar message.
The mass notification systems were installed at ETSU in 2008.
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- New Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family
- Case of Greene Co. man accused in shooting sent to grand jury
- Local mayor and associate admitted to bribing voters
- Suspect in stabbing of Greene Co. dog was in country illegally