JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - East Tennessee State University will test its emergency notification systems on Thursday.
The test will include an outdoor siren system with five large speakers placed on the ETSU and VA Medical Center campuses, an ETSU alert link on the ETSU.edu home page, a public address unit in selected campus buildings, and Goldalert, the university's emergency text and email system.
ETSU's outdoor siren will sound at 9:35 a.m. Thursday, beginning with a wail followed by a test message. A text and email from Goldalert will deliver a similar message.
The mass notification systems were installed at ETSU in 2008.
- Updated UPDATE: Greene Co. Sheriff says missing teen could be in N.C.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Baby makes three Abingdon women in same family born on same day
- Updated UPDATE: Southern Conference to keep championship games in N.C.
- Save the Peeps: Workers of famous marshmallows end strike