JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - East Tennessee State University will test its emergency notification systems on Thursday.
The test will include an outdoor siren system with five large speakers placed on the ETSU and VA Medical Center campuses, an ETSU alert link on the ETSU.edu home page, a public address unit in selected campus buildings, and Goldalert, the university's emergency text and email system.
ETSU's outdoor siren will sound at 9:35 a.m. Thursday, beginning with a wail followed by a test message. A text and email from Goldalert will deliver a similar message.
The mass notification systems were installed at ETSU in 2008.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon