JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - East Tennessee State University will test its emergency notification systems on Thursday.
The test will include an outdoor siren system with five large speakers placed on the ETSU and VA Medical Center campuses, an ETSU alert link on the ETSU.edu home page, a public address unit in selected campus buildings, and Goldalert, the university's emergency text and email system.
ETSU's outdoor siren will sound at 9:35 a.m. Thursday, beginning with a wail followed by a test message. A text and email from Goldalert will deliver a similar message.
The mass notification systems were installed at ETSU in 2008.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death