JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Thousands of ETSU students were surprised when they saw they had been kicked out of their classes.
We discovered ETSU routinely purges students who have not paid student fees. Yesterday while doing one of these purges, we learned that an error occurred, purging more than 10,000 students and countless faculty from the system.
Thankfully for everyone, it happened during business hours and the problem was fixed within 24 hours. "We apologize for this error. We know it was inconvenient for faculty and students, fortunately they were patient with us. They knew we were working to address the problem," said Joe Smith, ETSU Director of Media Relations.
Smith said they would keep a closer eye on setting up these kinds of purges in the future to prevent it from happening again.
- Sheriff: Social media rumors concerning Northwood High School being investigated
- Gone without a trace, Honaker man missing for a week
- Bogus Bills Bust: Washington County TN nab another counterfeit cash criminal
- Local healthcare leaders, educators discuss upcoming changes to Affordable Care Act
- For Weston: 'Feed the Fire' honors Kingsport boy's dream