JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - ETSU is in full fundraising mode, trying to draw in millions of dollars for two major campaigns.
The highly-publicized return of football is one of those efforts.
We checked with the university today and learned right now there is $172,000 in the football account.
There is no cutoff for how much the university is trying to raise.
The university officially kicked off the campaign in April after the Student Government Association and Tennessee Board of Regents approved a new student fee to help fund the the program.
Individual donor records are not a matter of public record.
Football is not the only fundraising campaign on campus. The university is focused on raising $9.5 million to go toward a new performing arts center.
An updated total on that campaign is expected in the next few days.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day