JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - East Tennessee State University's public radio station has inaugurated the first news department in its 40-year history.
According to the university, WETS-FM features news and information from National Public Radio, the British Broadcasting Corporation, Pacifica Radio and other sources.
Now longtime ETSU administrator Fred Sauceman will deliver local and regional news during the National Public Radio newsmagazines "Morning Edition" and "All Things Considered" weekday mornings and afternoons.
Sauceman said in a news release that the broadcast will focus on stories and issues that affect listeners in the Tri-Cities area such as education, the environment, the economy and local and state government.
- Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development