JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - East Tennessee State University's public radio station has inaugurated the first news department in its 40-year history.
According to the university, WETS-FM features news and information from National Public Radio, the British Broadcasting Corporation, Pacifica Radio and other sources.
Now longtime ETSU administrator Fred Sauceman will deliver local and regional news during the National Public Radio newsmagazines "Morning Edition" and "All Things Considered" weekday mornings and afternoons.
Sauceman said in a news release that the broadcast will focus on stories and issues that affect listeners in the Tri-Cities area such as education, the environment, the economy and local and state government.
- Updated Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Updated Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game
- Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger