JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - East Tennessee State University can move forward with developing a performing arts center on campus.
The state building commission approved $1.5 million for the project.
This will enable the university to hire an architect for the proposed $39 million building.
Lieutenant Governor Ron Ramsey tells us that full funding for the project is expected to be considered in the upcoming session of the General Assembly.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City