JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - East Tennessee State University can move forward with developing a performing arts center on campus.
The state building commission approved $1.5 million for the project.
This will enable the university to hire an architect for the proposed $39 million building.
Lieutenant Governor Ron Ramsey tells us that full funding for the project is expected to be considered in the upcoming session of the General Assembly.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator