JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - East Tennessee State University can move forward with developing a performing arts center on campus.
The state building commission approved $1.5 million for the project.
This will enable the university to hire an architect for the proposed $39 million building.
Lieutenant Governor Ron Ramsey tells us that full funding for the project is expected to be considered in the upcoming session of the General Assembly.
- Updated Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital