JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - ETSU spokesman Joe Smith tells News 5 several hundred people were evacuated from the school's Mini-Dome after 10:00 Saturday night after a threat of possible gunfire.
He said there was a comedy and step show event part of homecoming happening Saturday night.
Smith said his understanding was that the threat may have been overheard.
He said no weapons were found and there were no injuries reported.
The school continues to investigate.
- Smyth County animal shelter temporarily shutting down
- Kingsport Police arrest man wanted in multiple cities
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Updated Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone