JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - ETSU spokesman Joe Smith tells News 5 several hundred people were evacuated from the school's Mini-Dome after 10:00 Saturday night after a threat of possible gunfire.
He said there was a comedy and step show event part of homecoming happening Saturday night.
Smith said his understanding was that the threat may have been overheard.
He said no weapons were found and there were no injuries reported.
The school continues to investigate.
- It's coach #3 for David Crockett as Musket Bowl approaches
- Johnson City girl's message in a bottle makes landfall in Florida
- Toddler killed, mother injured in Greene Co. SUV crash
- Carter county proposal: regulating appearance of public and private property
- NC teen football player in medically induced coma after injury