JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Just a few months after almost losing its program, East Tennessee State University's ROTC is celebrating.
The Department of Military Science held a commissioning ceremony at the Carnegie Hotel in Johnson City Friday. In all, four new officers were named:.they were Scott Curtis, Benjamin Harney, Cameron McDonald, and Delchrisha Young.
In October, the Army decided to shut down 13 programs across the United States, including ETSU's. Click here to read more.
A month later, officials decided to continue the programs for two years under probation.
One requirement is that the program graduate at least 15 officers each year.
- New KPS Global completes $1M expansion in Piney Flats facility
- Exide Technologies withdraws application to reopen, News 5 uncovers dozens of violations in its past
- Southwest Virginia leaders focus on re-entry efforts for inmates
- Wise man who stole ginseng roots given probation
- UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman