JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Just a few months after almost losing its program, East Tennessee State University's ROTC is celebrating.
The Department of Military Science held a commissioning ceremony at the Carnegie Hotel in Johnson City Friday. In all, four new officers were named:.they were Scott Curtis, Benjamin Harney, Cameron McDonald, and Delchrisha Young.
In October, the Army decided to shut down 13 programs across the United States, including ETSU's. Click here to read more.
A month later, officials decided to continue the programs for two years under probation.
One requirement is that the program graduate at least 15 officers each year.
- Updated Virginia outperforms most states on national science tests
- Updated Warm and dry weather this week causes higher fire danger
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University