JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Just a few months after almost losing its program, East Tennessee State University's ROTC is celebrating.
The Department of Military Science held a commissioning ceremony at the Carnegie Hotel in Johnson City Friday. In all, four new officers were named:.they were Scott Curtis, Benjamin Harney, Cameron McDonald, and Delchrisha Young.
In October, the Army decided to shut down 13 programs across the United States, including ETSU's. Click here to read more.
A month later, officials decided to continue the programs for two years under probation.
One requirement is that the program graduate at least 15 officers each year.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend