JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The Tennessee State Building Commission is set to hear a proposal for a new ETSU football stadium Thursday morning.
The new $18 million stadium would be built in phases on the ETSU campus and would eventually seat up to 10,000 people.
Under the plan being presented Thursday, morning the first phase would include approximately 3,500 seats.
Lt. Governor Ramsey, who chairs the state building commission, tells us $7.5 million would come from student fees; the other $10 million would come from fundraising or state tax dollars.
Ramsey says state approval is likely.
- New Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Authorities searching for missing Russell County woman
- Major decision expected Monday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims