JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The Tennessee State Building Commission is set to hear a proposal for a new ETSU football stadium Thursday morning.
The new $18 million stadium would be built in phases on the ETSU campus and would eventually seat up to 10,000 people.
Under the plan being presented Thursday, morning the first phase would include approximately 3,500 seats.
Lt. Governor Ramsey, who chairs the state building commission, tells us $7.5 million would come from student fees; the other $10 million would come from fundraising or state tax dollars.
Ramsey says state approval is likely.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport