JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - East Tennessee State University is thinking about a makeover -- the university told us they are brainstorming ways to make the logo and colors more uniform.
ETSU students, alumni and faculty will work with the community to come up with a more cohesive look.
Director of marketing Jennifer Clements told us they will discuss making the mascot Bucky look more like a buccaneer and less like a cartoon.
Clements says they will also address school colors. "We are not changing to any other colors. However, maybe the shades of blue and gold we use, they might be changing a little bit to really move to the future," she explained.
ETSU will start holding focus groups about the school's image next week. The groups start on September 30 and run until October 11.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day