JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - East Tennessee State University is thinking about a makeover -- the university told us they are brainstorming ways to make the logo and colors more uniform.
ETSU students, alumni and faculty will work with the community to come up with a more cohesive look.
Director of marketing Jennifer Clements told us they will discuss making the mascot Bucky look more like a buccaneer and less like a cartoon.
Clements says they will also address school colors. "We are not changing to any other colors. However, maybe the shades of blue and gold we use, they might be changing a little bit to really move to the future," she explained.
ETSU will start holding focus groups about the school's image next week. The groups start on September 30 and run until October 11.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities