JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - East Tennessee State University is thinking about a makeover -- the university told us they are brainstorming ways to make the logo and colors more uniform.
ETSU students, alumni and faculty will work with the community to come up with a more cohesive look.
Director of marketing Jennifer Clements told us they will discuss making the mascot Bucky look more like a buccaneer and less like a cartoon.
Clements says they will also address school colors. "We are not changing to any other colors. However, maybe the shades of blue and gold we use, they might be changing a little bit to really move to the future," she explained.
ETSU will start holding focus groups about the school's image next week. The groups start on September 30 and run until October 11.
- New Virginia offenders raising tilapia in pilot program
- Police: Son kills father, self in front of wife, mother
- Slain Virginia officer was a father of 3, former Marine
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power