JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The colder weather is setting in and some may not have anything to bundle up with this winter. That's why East Tennessee State University is collecting coats for the needy on campus.
The coats are for anyone with an ETSU ID. The collection starts now and runs through October 31.
They are asking for new or gently used coats for men, women, and children. Rebecca Alexander is the assistant director of the counseling center at ETSU; she tells us this is something that's very important, "Worrying about the basic survival things through the winter they're not at the optimal place to be academically successful or doing their job."
You can drop off coats at the Basler Center for Physical Activity (CPA) equipment room, the ETSU Counseling Center, Lyle House, Facilities Management paint department, the College of Public Health dean's office, room 206 in the Charles S. Sherrod Library, room W205 in the ETSU/Mountain States Health Alliance Athletic Center, and the Catholic Center on 734 W. Locus Street.
The coats will be handed out from November 4 - 7 at the Basler Center of Physical Activity Equipment Room.
- Space Needle owner: Ticket sales going to employees, relief fund
- Dolly Foundation: More than 900 sign up for relief fund assistance
- UPDATE: Jonesborough triple murder suspect pleads guilty, receives life sentence
- Saturday is last day to donate to Food City / BMS Relief Fund for Sevier County
- Coeburn man pleads guilty to multiple burglaries