Johnson City

ETSU business students offer tax assistance

JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - If you need help getting prepared to file your taxes, some ETSU business students are readily available to teach you a few things.

A group of those student volunteers, under the guidance of accountancy faculty member Dr. Anthony Masino, will offer free tax prep assistance again this year.

Volunteers will be available on five Saturdays throughout February, March, and April from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. They will be working on campus at Sam Wilson Hall.

The volunteers will be available on five Saturdays, Feb. 1 and 15, March 1 and 15, and April 12, from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. in the third floor computer lab, room 318, in Sam Wilson Hall, located on campus at 200 Ross Drive.

You'll need to bring the following items with you:

• Proof of identification, such as picture ID
• Social Security Cards for the taxpayer, spouse and any dependents on the tax return
• Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for the taxpayer, spouse and dependents
• Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
• Birth dates for the taxpayer, spouse and dependents on the tax return
• Wage and earning statement(s) from all employers, including any W-2, W-2G 1099-R, 1099-Misc.
• Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
• A copy of last year's federal and state returns, if available
• Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit, such as a blank check
• Total paid to daycare provider(s) and the daycare provider's tax identifying number (the provider's Social Security Number or business Employer Identification Number), if appropriate
• To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms

Most Popular