JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - When ETSU makes its return to football in 2015 they plan to be the first game of the college season.
The Bucs will play Kennesaw State on September 3, 2015 at Kermit Tipton Stadium on the campus of Science Hill High School. That is the earliest date the NCAA will allow football teams to play that season.
It will be the first game for ETSU since the school dropped football in 2003.
Next up for ETSU will be the announcement of a stadium location.
The school's three coaches are busy looking at recruits. Coach Carl Torbush plans to sign between 15 and 17 players.
National signing day is February 5, 2014.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction