JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Beginning in the fall 2013 semester, East Tennessee State University's Department of Art and Design will offer a minor in Art History.
The new program provides an opportunity to study the history of art from Neolithic cave paintings to ancient Greek and Roman art to contemporary art from around the world.
The minor will complement a variety of disciplines, including business, history, philosophy, psychology and literature.
Students will learn about human history and cultural changes across time as they develop interpretive and research skills.
The department has three full-time Art History professors and two part-time instructors with related areas of specialization.
Students also have access to ARTstor, a system containing 1.4 million images, as well as numerous resources in the department, the university library, and exhibition spaces and collections in the Slocumb Galleries and the Reece Museum.
The new minor equips students for careers requiring research, writing and cataloging skills.
- Tennessee general fund revenues beat projections by $159M
- Georgia firefighter dies after weekend accident on job
- Report: Suicides increase in Tennessee
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting