JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Parking woes at East Tennessee State University may soon get some relief.
After months of delays, the university announced Tuesday morning the new student parking garage is expected to open in February.
When construction started, the garage was to be complete by October 2013, but the project has been delayed, mostly due to weather.
ETSU broke ground on the 425,000 square-foot facility in August 2012. Click here to view photos.
Once completed, it will provide over 1,200 spaces. The majority of the funding for the $26.1 million facility came from student fees.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting