JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Parking woes at East Tennessee State University may soon get some relief.
After months of delays, the university announced Tuesday morning the new student parking garage is expected to open in February.
When construction started, the garage was to be complete by October 2013, but the project has been delayed, mostly due to weather.
ETSU broke ground on the 425,000 square-foot facility in August 2012. Click here to view photos.
Once completed, it will provide over 1,200 spaces. The majority of the funding for the $26.1 million facility came from student fees.
- Sheriff: Social media rumors concerning Northwood High School being investigated
- Gone without a trace, Honaker man missing for a week
- Bogus Bills Bust: Washington County TN nab another counterfeit cash criminal
- Local healthcare leaders, educators discuss upcoming changes to Affordable Care Act
- For Weston: 'Feed the Fire' honors Kingsport boy's dream