JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Parking woes at East Tennessee State University may soon get some relief.
After months of delays, the university announced Tuesday morning the new student parking garage is expected to open in February.
When construction started, the garage was to be complete by October 2013, but the project has been delayed, mostly due to weather.
ETSU broke ground on the 425,000 square-foot facility in August 2012. Click here to view photos.
Once completed, it will provide over 1,200 spaces. The majority of the funding for the $26.1 million facility came from student fees.
- Death toll from Sevier County wildfires increases to 14
- Updated Comptroller critical of Washington County, TN Sheriff's Office
- Kingsport man wanted for violent attack on female victim and cat
- Police searching for man suspected in 2 Kingsport burglaries
- Police: Fake news story led gunman to popular DC pizzeria