JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Parking woes at East Tennessee State University may soon get some relief.
After months of delays, the university announced Tuesday morning the new student parking garage is expected to open in February.
When construction started, the garage was to be complete by October 2013, but the project has been delayed, mostly due to weather.
ETSU broke ground on the 425,000 square-foot facility in August 2012. Click here to view photos.
Once completed, it will provide over 1,200 spaces. The majority of the funding for the $26.1 million facility came from student fees.
- Updated Black Lives Matter event at ETSU crashed by man in gorilla mask
- Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Sullivan County postal worker takes plea deal in hidden mail case
- Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker
- California limits travel to North Carolina over LGBT law