JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - September is National Preparedness Month. And there's an event in Johnson City Saturday that can help you be ready. University Parkway Baptist Church is hosting an Emergency Preparedness Fair Saturday from 9 am until 1 pm.
We are told a few emergency and disaster response vehicles will be on hand. Plus there will be activities for children.
Scott Thompson, an Associate Pastor at University Parkway Baptist says, "this is a family friendly event. We are doing this to help our community be more prepared for any type of emergency. It could be tornadoes, flooding, earthquakes. There are lots of different ways emergencies can affect us and we want people to be more prepared."
The event is free and door prizes will be given away, including some weather radios.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport