JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - September is National Preparedness Month. And there's an event in Johnson City Saturday that can help you be ready. University Parkway Baptist Church is hosting an Emergency Preparedness Fair Saturday from 9 am until 1 pm.
We are told a few emergency and disaster response vehicles will be on hand. Plus there will be activities for children.
Scott Thompson, an Associate Pastor at University Parkway Baptist says, "this is a family friendly event. We are doing this to help our community be more prepared for any type of emergency. It could be tornadoes, flooding, earthquakes. There are lots of different ways emergencies can affect us and we want people to be more prepared."
The event is free and door prizes will be given away, including some weather radios.
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Public invited to give input on proposed hospital merger
- Mount Caramel police officer suspended on first day back to work
- Updated Voter registrars work to clarify restored voting rights
- Additional charges given to Sullivan County man charged with rape