JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - September is National Preparedness Month. And there's an event in Johnson City Saturday that can help you be ready. University Parkway Baptist Church is hosting an Emergency Preparedness Fair Saturday from 9 am until 1 pm.
We are told a few emergency and disaster response vehicles will be on hand. Plus there will be activities for children.
Scott Thompson, an Associate Pastor at University Parkway Baptist says, "this is a family friendly event. We are doing this to help our community be more prepared for any type of emergency. It could be tornadoes, flooding, earthquakes. There are lots of different ways emergencies can affect us and we want people to be more prepared."
The event is free and door prizes will be given away, including some weather radios.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project