JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A new parking garage isn't the only thing making parking easier for East Tennessee State University students.
ETSU has hired a company to install sensors in all the student parking lots that will count the number of cars coming in and leaving.
A new parking app is accessed through the ETSU app, and allows students to see where available parking is before they even leave their homes.
That allows them to go directly to the parking lots with open spaces without having to drive around hoping to luck up on one. "Fewer students [will be] late for class. Fewer cars just circling around looking for spaces, less fuel consumption and time wasted finding parking." says ETSU web developer Dan Van Zant.
He says the app is available at both the Apple App Store and the Google Play store.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson