JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A new parking garage isn't the only thing making parking easier for East Tennessee State University students.
ETSU has hired a company to install sensors in all the student parking lots that will count the number of cars coming in and leaving.
A new parking app is accessed through the ETSU app, and allows students to see where available parking is before they even leave their homes.
That allows them to go directly to the parking lots with open spaces without having to drive around hoping to luck up on one. "Fewer students [will be] late for class. Fewer cars just circling around looking for spaces, less fuel consumption and time wasted finding parking." says ETSU web developer Dan Van Zant.
He says the app is available at both the Apple App Store and the Google Play store.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record