JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Two people are now facing charges after Johnson City Police say they found drugs in a hotel room.
Police say they got a tip about possible drug activity at the Comfort Inn on South Roan Street. After searching a room police say they found 29 grams of crack cocaine, $1,800 cash, and three grams of marijuana.
Robert Siler and Kayla Carpenter were arrested at the scene. Siler is charged with resale of crack cocaine and simple possession of marijuana. His bond is set at $11,000. Carpenter is charged with maintaining a dwelling for controlled substance or distributing. Her bond is set at $10,000.
- Updated Bristol, Virginia scraps waterfall plan at the Falls
- New Kingsport hosts national gymnastics championship
- Updated Man and woman charged with attempted murder, kidnapping now on most wanted list
- Tennessee governor taking business recruiting trip to Europe
- Senate OKs bill to expand N. Carolina's 'revenge porn' law