JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Two people are now facing charges after Johnson City Police say they found drugs in a hotel room.
Police say they got a tip about possible drug activity at the Comfort Inn on South Roan Street. After searching a room police say they found 29 grams of crack cocaine, $1,800 cash, and three grams of marijuana.
Robert Siler and Kayla Carpenter were arrested at the scene. Siler is charged with resale of crack cocaine and simple possession of marijuana. His bond is set at $11,000. Carpenter is charged with maintaining a dwelling for controlled substance or distributing. Her bond is set at $10,000.
- Kingsport police investigating suspicious death on Bruce Street
- Greeneville Couple Accused of Trying to Sell A Child on Craigslist
- Indivisible Greene County rally brings out protestors rallying for unity
- Kingsport hosts annual Carousel Fine Craft Show
- UVA-Wise hosts 24-hour student Hackathon in Abingdon