JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - An organization looking to brighten the lives of kids in our region is getting a little much-needed help today in Johnson City.
A donation in the amount of $15,000 is set to be awarded to bring a boundless playground to the region. These playgrounds are specially designed to fit the needs and desires of children living with disabilities and will allow them to better connect with their peers. The money is being donated by the BP Corporation and the Mountain Empire Oil Company.
Ground is set to be broken in spring for the new playground based on a continued push for funding.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- Updated Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations