JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - An organization looking to brighten the lives of kids in our region is getting a little much-needed help today in Johnson City.
A donation in the amount of $15,000 is set to be awarded to bring a boundless playground to the region. These playgrounds are specially designed to fit the needs and desires of children living with disabilities and will allow them to better connect with their peers. The money is being donated by the BP Corporation and the Mountain Empire Oil Company.
Ground is set to be broken in spring for the new playground based on a continued push for funding.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator