JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - An organization looking to brighten the lives of kids in our region is getting a little much-needed help today in Johnson City.
A donation in the amount of $15,000 is set to be awarded to bring a boundless playground to the region. These playgrounds are specially designed to fit the needs and desires of children living with disabilities and will allow them to better connect with their peers. The money is being donated by the BP Corporation and the Mountain Empire Oil Company.
Ground is set to be broken in spring for the new playground based on a continued push for funding.
- Updated Black Lives Matter event at ETSU crashed by man in gorilla mask
- Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Sullivan County postal worker takes plea deal in hidden mail case
- Updated Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker
- California limits travel to North Carolina over LGBT law