JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Two local non-profit organizations have received thousands of dollars in grants from a major cellular provider.
Verizon Wireless presented Court Appointed Special Advocates of North East Tennessee, or CASA as it's called, a $5,000 grant to help with their "Fostering Futures" program. Verizon also presented Abuse Alternatives in Bristol a $7,500 grant.
Both grants come from Verizon's Hopeline, an initiative to aid victims of domestic violence and fund organizations that provide domestic violence education.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin