JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Two local non-profit organizations have received thousands of dollars in grants from a major cellular provider.
Verizon Wireless presented Court Appointed Special Advocates of North East Tennessee, or CASA as it's called, a $5,000 grant to help with their "Fostering Futures" program. Verizon also presented Abuse Alternatives in Bristol a $7,500 grant.
Both grants come from Verizon's Hopeline, an initiative to aid victims of domestic violence and fund organizations that provide domestic violence education.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire