JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Washington County, Tennessee sheriff's deputy seriously injured in an off-duty car crash last week is improving.
A sheriff's department spokeswoman tells News 5 WCYB Sergeant Dave Chambers is showing signs of recovery.
Chambers remains hospitalized in Johnson City, but we've learned medical tests this week returned encouraging news for his recovery.
Chambers was seriously injured when he pulled his private vehicle into the path of a pick-up truck on Highway 11-E in Jonesborough last Wednesday.
- Johnson City Police cruisers damaged after hour-long car chase
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools