JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Washington County, Tennessee sheriff's deputy seriously injured in an off-duty car crash last week is improving.
A sheriff's department spokeswoman tells News 5 WCYB Sergeant Dave Chambers is showing signs of recovery.
Chambers remains hospitalized in Johnson City, but we've learned medical tests this week returned encouraging news for his recovery.
Chambers was seriously injured when he pulled his private vehicle into the path of a pick-up truck on Highway 11-E in Jonesborough last Wednesday.
- Historic U.S. Army recruitment effort increase underway
- More sponsors for measure to repeal HB2, keep restrictions
- West Virginia Senate would penalize sharing explicit images
- Authorities investigating Carter County pharmacy armed robbery
- Tennessee man faces negligent homicide charge in toddler's death