JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Washington County, Tennessee sheriff's deputy seriously injured in an off-duty car crash last week is improving.
A sheriff's department spokeswoman tells News 5 WCYB Sergeant Dave Chambers is showing signs of recovery.
Chambers remains hospitalized in Johnson City, but we've learned medical tests this week returned encouraging news for his recovery.
Chambers was seriously injured when he pulled his private vehicle into the path of a pick-up truck on Highway 11-E in Jonesborough last Wednesday.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial