A man charged in a Johnson City murder case is striking a deal with prosecutors to lessen his charge.
Wenesday marked day three in the trial against Justin Stratton. District Attorney Tony Clark said another man charged in the murder, Anthony Phillips, testified Tuesday in court against Stratton and in a plea agreement; the murder charge against Phillips would be dropped after the trial.
In return, he would plead guilty to aggravated robbery.
Investigators say Stratton and Phillips are two of four people charged in the shooting death of Gary Couch.
Ginger Holtsclaw and Ashley Harold face murder charges as well in the case.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport