A man charged in a Johnson City murder case is striking a deal with prosecutors to lessen his charge.
Wenesday marked day three in the trial against Justin Stratton. District Attorney Tony Clark said another man charged in the murder, Anthony Phillips, testified Tuesday in court against Stratton and in a plea agreement; the murder charge against Phillips would be dropped after the trial.
In return, he would plead guilty to aggravated robbery.
Investigators say Stratton and Phillips are two of four people charged in the shooting death of Gary Couch.
Ginger Holtsclaw and Ashley Harold face murder charges as well in the case.
- Updated UPDATE: Greene Co. Sheriff says missing teen could be in N.C.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Baby makes three Abingdon women in same family born on same day
- Updated UPDATE: Southern Conference to keep championship games in N.C.
- Save the Peeps: Workers of famous marshmallows end strike