A man charged in a Johnson City murder case is striking a deal with prosecutors to lessen his charge.
Wenesday marked day three in the trial against Justin Stratton. District Attorney Tony Clark said another man charged in the murder, Anthony Phillips, testified Tuesday in court against Stratton and in a plea agreement; the murder charge against Phillips would be dropped after the trial.
In return, he would plead guilty to aggravated robbery.
Investigators say Stratton and Phillips are two of four people charged in the shooting death of Gary Couch.
Ginger Holtsclaw and Ashley Harold face murder charges as well in the case.
- New Another step in the $50 million BVU - Sunset deal
- Heavy machinery stolen in Washington County, Tenn.
- Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate